Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tonight I ran with a video camera

I started out tonight hoping to hit 4 miles. I came close but misjudged it by about .4 miles. Still, I ran further than I have in a very long time. My lungs felt great and my body could have kept going... but the biggest thing is that my mind could have kept going too. Running is 90% mental (in my personal opinion). Two weeks ago I ran a similar route and my mind pooped out on me at mile 2.5. Running 2-3 times a week helps give your body muscle memory and I think it has the same affect on your brain.
This video was about 1/2 way through my run... (1.8 miles to be exact which helps explain why when I finished I thought it was 4 miles... 1.8 x 1.8 = 3.6)

Here is my attempt at being motivational... Would have helped if I had actually run the 4 miles. **Note to self, don't make any proclamations until you check the facts**

No comments:

Post a Comment