Friday, September 24, 2010

God Encounter

So I went out to do my run tonight (I planned on running nothing but the stairs between Mosely and Shuman).  I started out with my I-pod and was excited to do some cross training. The thing is I got a new I-pod and loaded up all of the audio off my computer. I started out and just as I began to hit the stairs, I heard my voice speaking. Turns out I had forgotten that I recorded all of my youth group messages while I was in Ohio. As soon as it started I remembered the night. I spoke on Paul's "Thorn in the flesh". It was a night one of my students accepted Christ. As far as structure is concerned, the message sucked. It was illustration after illustration with a bit of exposition thrown in. But God showed up in a powerful way.
I'm actually listening to the end of it right not and some powerful stuff is coming out of my mouth. It took 20 minutes of talking for me to move out of the way so God could speak. As I become a better communicator, I pray the time it takes me to move out of the way would continue to decrease.
As far as the run is concerned... I did a few rounds of the stairs and ran a mile and a half. I have this pinching pain in my lower back that seems to keep coming back when I run now. Heck, I might need some Divine Healing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment